Please see attached for all details. In summary: The assignment is competitive advantage assignment that covers 2 separate companies in the same industry have achieved and sustained a compeitive advantage. The company’s should advantages should be update to date within the last 2-3 years. Please see reading materials and requirements for the assignment.
Use the Capella University Library to complete the following:
- Read Barney’s 1991 article, “Firm Resources and Sustained Competitive Advantage” from Journal of Management, volume 17, issue 1, pages 99–120.
- Read Galunic and Rodan’s 1998 article, “Resource Recombinations in the Firm: Knowledge Structures and the Potential for Schumpeterian Innovation” from Strategic Management Journal, volume 19, issue 12, 1193–1201.
- Read Hunt’s 2009 article, “Competitive Advantage Strategies in Times of Adversity” from Journal of Customer Behaviour, volume 8, issue 2, pages 137–151.
- Read Cheng and Havenvid’s 2017 article, “Investigating Strategy Tools From an Interactive Perspective,” from IMP Journal, volume 11, issue 1, pages 127–149. doi:10.1108/IMP-09-2015-0049
The following required reading is available full-text in the Capella University Library. Search for the article by clicking the linked title and following the instructions in the Library Guide.
- Read Iansiti and Levien’s 2004 article, “Strategy as Ecology” from Harvard Business Review, volume 82, issue 3, pages 68–78.
Submit the Competitive Advantage assignment. In this assignment, you are required to contrast how two different companies in the same industry have achieved and sustained a competitive advantage. Describe the approach each company has taken in the context of the literature. Use the literature to support or refute why the approach to achieving and sustaining competitive advantage is appropriate. For each company, propose a different strategic approach to achieving and sustaining value.
- Written communication: Must be free of errors, scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for members of the business profession.
- APA formatting: Your essay should be formatted according to APA (6th Edition) style and formatting.
- Length: At least 5 typed and double-spaced pages.
- References: A minimum of 3 (that are not part of the required course readings).
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point.Competitive Advantage Assignment