Concepts and Theory in Nursing
Remember to submit your work following the file naming convention FirstInitial.LastName_M01.docx. For example, J.Smith_M01.docx. Remember that it is not necessary to manually type in the file extension; it will automatically append.
Start by reading and following these instructions:
1. Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the discussions and any insights gained from it.
4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling. Concepts and Theory in Nursing
Your assignment this week will be an APA paper to include title page, level headings, and a reference page.
- Case Study
The hospice nurse sat with Ann’s husband, Ben. Ann was resting quietly as the increased dosage of IV pain medication
gradually reached its therapeutic level. Ben turned his head and slowly turned, looking out the room’s only window. As he glanced up, a small flicker of light caught his breath. It was a shooting star. A tear fell from the corner of his eye and he turned to Ann. The nurse sensed that something significant to Ann and Ben was unfolding. Shuffling to Ann’s bedside, he took her small fragile hand in his. These hands had rocked cradles, burped babies, and groomed the horses she loved to ride. Gently holding her hand, he turned to the nurse. “She would ride like the wind was chasing her.” Looking back to Ann his voice broke; choking back tears “Ann, Ann I saw Jessie…Jessie is calling.” Ben turned “Jessie was our daughter. She died having a baby that was too big. When she died it was a pitch-black night. Cold, so cold, the baby died too, a little boy, named him Abe, Jr. after Jessie’s husband. I took Ann outside so she could cry to God above and there in this dark sky we saw two falling stars…together…just falling. We knew it had to be Jessie and Abe…two angels to light up the night.” Ben turned back as a deep sigh escaped from Ann’s lips. A soft smile remained as she joined Jessie and Abe. Concepts and Theory in Nursing
- Based on this case study how would the nurse actualize Parse’s theory of Human Becoming?
- What are characteristics of a human becoming nurse? What are strengths and weaknesses to this theory of nursing?
- What challenges exist for healthcare institutions to switch to this nursing approach?
- How might Parse’s understanding of transcendence guide the nurse, as Ann’s death became a reality to Ben?
- From the nursing theories we have discussed, what additional theory would you apply to this case study? Develop a plan of care to include both nursing theories (be specific and provide reasons)
The APA formatted paper should include 2 outside references and your book. The essay should be between 1250 and 1500 words in length.
|When you are ready to submit your work, do the following:
1. If you don’t see “Submissions” below, find the Dropbox submission for this Module.
2. When you submit your assignment it goes through Turnitin, a plagiarism software, to be sure that your work is less than 20% duplicated from other sources unless otherwise noted. Take the time to correct it so the report verifying your work is less than 20% or as required by your instructor. You may edit your paper and resubmit it up to three times or per your instructor’s directions.
3. Submit your assignment by dragging the file into the Dropbox on top of the “Drop files here” or click on the Upload button, navigate to the file, and upload it. Concepts and Theory in Nursing
4. Be sure to use the appropriate naming convention on your paper.
Rubric Name: Undergrad Simple Essay Rubric v1
Rubric Total ScoreTotal
0 points minimum
60 points minimum
70 points minimum
100 points minimum
1 day ago