Course Evaluation Template
Develop a standardized template for evaluating courses in a selected program. Include a 2–3-page executive summary containing the rationale and justification for the methods selected.
Note: The assessments in this course build upon one another and you are required to complete them in the order in which they are presented.
As you prepare to complete this assessment, you may want to think about other related issues to deepen your understanding or broaden your viewpoint. You are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of your professional community. Note that these questions are for your own development and exploration and do not need to be completed or submitted as part of your assessment.
- What are the key components of an end-of-course evaluation?
- How can you determine if educational outcomes meet the needs and goals of a health care setting?
- What are examples of alternative evaluation methods for learning outcomes in nursing education?
- What types of questions should be included in a clinical evaluation questionnaire?
Note: Assessments in this course must be completed in the order in which they are presented. You must complete Assessment 2 before beginning this assessment.
This is a two-part assessment. The first part is the development of a standardized course evaluation template. The second part is an executive summary addressed to a workplace supervisor. Course Evaluation Template Discussion
Use the Capella University Library and the Internet to ensure you are familiar with the following:
- Explore a variety of methods that can be used to evaluate the achievement of the learning objectives as well as program outcomes.
- Understand the steps in assembling and administering the tests for learning outcomes.
- Examine how validity and reliability of evaluation methods for courses and program outcomes are measured and established.
- Find examples of course evaluations. If you choose to incorporate ideas from other examples, you must provide proper APA citations and format. Course Evaluation Template Discussion
PART ONE – STANDARDIZED COURSE EVALUATION TEMPLATE
Determine the best approach for evaluating whether the learning objectives and program outcomes are being assessed adequately in your course. Make use of your work from the previous assessments in the creation of your standardized course assessment template.
- Create a standardized template that clearly measures the course’s ability to achieve the learning objectives and outcomes stated in your earlier assessments in this course.
- There is no page limit for this template. Page length should be appropriate to the context.
Note: You are encouraged to integrate feedback received for your earlier assessments to continue tweaking your application of the concepts in this course.
PART TWO – EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
Once you have completed your standardized template, construct an executive summary to discuss the rationale for it.
In the executive summary, include the following critical elements that align with the grading criteria:
- A summary of how the course evaluation aligns with the stated learning objectives and program outcomes.
- A justification for the methods chosen to evaluate the achievement of learning outcomes.
- A description of how validity and reliability of evaluation methods will be established.
Follow the Assessment Formatting Guidelines, linked in the Resources under the Required Resources heading. In addition, your assessment should meet the following requirements:
- APA format: Use correct APA style and formatting for the executive summary, paying particular attention to citations and references.
- Document format: Include a cover page and a properly formatted APA style reference list.
- References: Include at least five peer-reviewed scholarly resources from the last 5 years to support your rationale.
- Executive summary: 1–2 double-spaced pages (excluding cover page and reference list).
- Evaluation template: No page limit.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Running head: ABBREVIATED TITLE OF YOUR ASSESSMENT Your Full Title of Your Assessment Learner’s Full Name Capella University Course Title Assignment Title Month, Year 1 ABBREVIATED TITLE OF YOUR ASSESSMENT Assessment Body (Create a Title) This section is the body of your assessment, written in the format described in the assessment instructions. Assessment Formatting Guidelines • Cover Page: A cover page is required as the first page in all submissions of assessments to the courseroom. The easiest way to do that is to add a page to the body of your assessment and format it as shown in this document. • Page Headers: Include headers for each section of your document. Course Evaluation Template Discussion
• Assessment Body: The format of the body of your assessment is subject to the instructions given in the specific assessment instructions. • APA Reference Lists: Format all reference lists using APA style guidelines. Lists begin on a separate page from the assessment body. MS Word Tutorials Refer to Microsoft Office Software tutorials if you need assistance in formatting documents. 2 ABBREVIATED TITLE OF YOUR ASSESSMENT References Provide your supporting references using APA citation style. American Psychological Association. (2010a). Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.). Washington, DC: Author. 3 … Course Evaluation Template Discussion
Course Evaluation Template Discussion