California State University HCA 416 Building Queries Using Healthcare Data Worksheet
HCA 416 Building Queries Using Healthcare Data Worksheet
Import the excel spreadsheet HCA 416_LAB#1 into access, it is provided down below.
Use the query builder tool to create queries to answer the following questions. HCA 416 Building Queries Using Healthcare Data Worksheet
Once you create all the queries, save the database and submit to dropbox folder Lab #1 along with a word document answering the following questions.*****MAKE SURE TO COMPLETE THE ANSWERS THOROUGHLY USING THE QUERIES YOU CREATED FROM MICROSOFT ACCESS.
- What is the TOTAL membership, TOTAL discharge days, and TOTAL discharges for COMMERCIAL and MEDICARE PLANS?
- What is the total membership, total discharge days, and total discharges for Commercial and Medicare Plans in CALIFORNIA?
- What is the average ‘Average Length of Stay (ALOS)’ for Commercial Plans and for Medicare Plans?
- What is the average ‘Average Length of Stay (ALOS)’ for California Commercial Plans and for Medicare Plans in California?
**Note: ALOS = (total discharge days)/(total discharges)
- Which provider group has the lowest Medicare membership and which provider group has the highest Commercial membership? [Note: Same provider groups are in more than one state. So you will have to add those up before you can find out who has the highest/lowest memberships.]
- Clear answers to the above questions in a word document and the access database with CLEARLY named queries and table.