Healthcare Law Policy Presentation
Your Policy Proposal was well received by the senior leadership. As a result, they have asked you to put together a presentation for one of the stakeholder groups that you identified in your proposal. The purpose of this presentation is to inform the group about the future of organizational policy and practices, the current performance shortfalls, and a rationale for why the new policy and practices are needed. You also need to facilitate buy-in from the group by sharing how their work will benefit from the new policy and guidelines.
Your presentation should be 8–12 slides in a program like PowerPoint, and it should contain audio of you speaking over the slides, as well as a brief transcript or notes. Note: If you have technical difficulties in recording your audio, you may instead include a full script of what you intended to say in the notes section of each slide in place of recording audio. You may use a different program or piece of technology, provided you can still create a presentation with visuals and recorded audio. (You may wish to check with your instructor before attempting to use a different program or piece of technology.)
Note: As mentioned earlier in the course, if you require the use of assistive technology or alternative communication methods to participate in this activity, please contact Disability Services to request accommodations.
In your presentation, in an order that makes sense for your approach, senior leadership has asked that you address the following. Note: The bullet points below correspond to grading criteria in the scoring guide. Be sure your presentation is, at minimum, addressing each of the bullets. You may also want to read the Policy Proposal Presentation Scoring Guide and Guiding Questions: Policy Proposal Presentation (both linked in the Resources) to better understand how each criterion will be assessed:
- Summarize your organization’s or care team’s approach to applying the local, state, or federal health care policy or law for which you are proposing a change in organizational policy and practice.
- Interpret for stakeholders the relevant benchmark metrics that illustrate the need for a policy and guidelines.
- Explain your proposed institutional policy and guidelines and how they relate to the local, state, or federal health care policy or law.
- Analyze how your proposed institutional policy or practice guidelines would impact a stakeholder group.
- Advocate for how your proposal would improve quality and outcomes relevant to the stakeholder group to which you are presenting.
- Explain your strategies for collaborating with the stakeholder group to implement and apply your proposed institutional policy or practice guidelines.
- Apply persuasive and effective communication when presenting to a group of stakeholders.
Example assignment: You may use the assignment example, linked in the Resources, to give you an idea of what a Proficient or higher rating on the scoring guide would look like.
- Format and length of presentation: A PowerPoint Presentation containing 8–12 slides.
- Recorded audio of you presenting your PowerPoint that is targeted at key stakeholders in your audience.
- If you have technical difficulties in recording your audio, you may instead include a full script of what you intended to say in the notes section of each slide in place of recording audio.
- Number of references: Cite a minimum of 3–5 sources of scholarly, professional, or policy evidence to support your analysis and recommendations.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style.
Submit your PowerPoint presentation and any other necessary documentation or links (if you used other technology) when you turn in this assignment.
- Policy Proposal Presentation Scoring Guide.
- Guiding Questions: Policy Proposal Presentation [DOC].
- Unit 7 Assignment Example [PPTX].
- Guidelines for Effective PowerPoint Presentations [PPTX].
- Record a Slide Show With Narration and Slide Timings.
- Building Buy-In and Communicating With Stakeholders | Transcript.
- Using Kaltura [PDF].
- Disability Services.