Hypertension Intervention Paper
Develop a professional product to improve care or the patient experience related to the identified health problem with a 2-4 page summary of intervention findings, evidence, and best-practice basis for the professional product.
Complete this assessment third.
For this assessment, you will develop a professional product to address the health problem defined in your first assessment to improve care and the patient experience. Appropriate examples include a teaching plan to help colleagues and interprofessional team achieve improvements or a handout to help the elderly and their families understand their Medicare and Medicaid options. The product must be useful in a practice setting, relevant to your project, and designed to improve some aspect of care or the patient experience.
A brief summary of the findings of your intervention and evidence-based support for your professional product should accompany your product.
For this assessment, you will create a professional product that can be used in your own practice, with your family or community. It will reflect the improvements you have been investigating thus far. You will also write a brief paper explaining the evidence, research, and rationale for creating the professional product. You should choose the product type most relevant and potentially impactful in the context of the project you have been working on throughout the capstone.Hypertension Intervention Paper
Relevant products include but are not limited to:
- Patient education handout (such as a medication sheet).
- Patient safety plan.
- Process improvement in-service.
- Medicaid/Medicare patient coverage and finance guide.
- Teaching plan.
Your submission will consist of two parts: an APA-formatted paper providing your rationale and supporting evidence, and the professional product.
For the brief APA-style paper, one organizational option is:Hypertension Intervention Paper
- Summary of intervention and implementation:
- What did you do?
- How did you lead in terms of the processes used in the project?
- With what participants?
- Who were your interprofessional collaborators?
- How did you lead them in this project?
- What were your key findings?
- Evidence-based rationale for professional product development:
- What professional product did you develop?
- Why did you choose this type of product?
- How does it align with your intervention?
- How will the product help improve outcomes?
- How will the product enhance the patient experience?
- How does the product improve a process related to quality, safety, and/or cost of care?
- How do relevant research, evidence, and best practices support your choice of professional product and approach?
For your professional product, you may choose to develop a deliverable that could be used in your care setting to communicate and sustain relevant improvements related to the intervention you carried out. The key is that the professional product is useful to the target audience (such as a large-print Medicaid/Medicare patient coverage and finance guide that is easy for the elderly and their families to use, or an easily implemented process improvement in-service for home care nurses).
Your brief paper and professional product will be assessed according to the following scoring guide criteria:
- Explain the ways in which leadership of people and processes was utilized while designing an intervention and its implementation.
- Demonstrate process improvements in the quality, safety, or cost of care as a result of a direct clinical intervention and newly developed professional product.
- Demonstrate improvements in the patient experience resulting from a direct clinical intervention and newly developed professional product.
- Justify decisions related to developing a professional product using relevant research, evidence, and best practices.
- Communicate professionally in writing that is clear and logically organized, with correct grammar, spelling, and use of APA style.Hypertension Intervention Paper
- Length of submission: APA-style paper should be 2–4 pages of content plus title and reference pages. There is no length requirement for your professional product. The type of deliverable you choose will determine its length and format.
- Number of references: Cite a minimum of 5 sources of scholarly or professional evidence that support your decisions and rationale in your APA-style paper. Resources should be no more than 5 years old.
- APA formatting: References and citations are formatted according to current APA style. Use appropriate APA citations (in-text and reference list) in the paper and professional product.