NRSE-6003C-39-Foundations For Graduate Study
NRSE-6003C-39-Foundations For Graduate Study
Development Plan Part 3: Strategies to Promote Academic Integrity and Professional Ethics
Nurse-scholars have a significant obligation to their community as well. Their work must have academic and professional integrity. Their efforts are designed to add to the body of knowledge, advance the profession, and ultimately help in the care of patients. Work that lacks integrity is subject to erode quickly or worse.
Fortunately, there are strategies and tools that can help ensure integrity in academic and professional work. This Assignment asks you to consider these tools and how you might apply them to your own work.
In this Assignment you will continue developing your Academic Success and Professional Development Plan by appending the original document you began in the previous assignment.
· Reflect on the strategies presented in the Resources for this Module in support of academic style, integrity, and scholarly ethics.
· Reflect on the connection between academic and professional integrity.
Part 3, Section 1: Writing Sample: The Connection Between Academic and Professional Integrity
Using the Academic and Professional Success Development Template you began in Module 1 and expanded in Module 2, write a 2- to 3-paragraph analysis that includes the following:
· Explanation for the relationship between academic integrity and writing
· Explanation for the relationship between professional practices and scholarly ethics
· Cite at least two resources that support your arguments, being sure to use proper APA formatting.
· Use Grammarly and SafeAssign to improve the product.
· Explain how Grammarly, Safe Assign, and paraphrasing contributes to academic integrity.
Part 3, Section 2: Strategies for Maintaining Integrity of Work
Expand on your thoughts from Section 1 by:
· identifying and describing strategies you intend to pursue to maintain integrity and ethics of your: (1) academic work as a student of the MSN program and (2) professional work as a nurse throughout your career. Include a review of resources and approaches you propose to use as a student and a professional. NRSE-6003C-39-Foundations For Graduate Study
Note: Add your work for this Assignment to the original document you began in the Module 1 Assignment, which was built from the Academic Success and Professional Development Plan Template. NRSE-6003C-39-Foundations For Graduate Study
Remember to include an introduction paragraph which contains a clear and comprehensive purpose statement which delineates all required criteria, and end the assignment Part with a conclusion paragraph.
Submission and Grading Information- NRSE-6003C-39-Foundations For Graduate Study
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
- Please save your Assignment using the naming convention “WK1Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” as the name.
- Click the Week 3 Assignment Rubric to review the Grading Criteria for the Assignment.
- Click the Week 3 Assignment link. You will also be able to “View Rubric” for grading criteria from this area.
- Next, from the Attach File area, click on the Browse My Computer button. Find the document you saved as “WK3Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” and click Open.
- If applicable: From the Plagiarism Tools area, click the checkbox for I agree to submit my paper(s) to the Global Reference Database.
- Click on the Submit button to complete your submission.
Grading Criteria- NRSE-6003C-39-Foundations For Graduate Study
Learning Resources- NRSE-6003C-39-Foundations For Graduate Study
Required Readings- NRSE-6003C-39-Foundations For Graduate Study
American Nurses Association. (2015). Code of ethics for nurses with interpretive statements. Retrieved from https://www.nursingworld.org/coe-view-only
American Psychological Association. (2020). Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (7th ed.). https://doi.org/10.1037/0000165-000
- Chapter 6, “The Mechanics of Style”
- Chapter 8, “Works Credited in the Text”
- Section 8.2, “Plagiarism”
- Section 8.3, “Self-Plagiarism”
- Paraphrases and Quotations
- Chapter 10, “Reference Examples”
Alba, B. (2018). Factors that impact on emergency nurses’ ethical decision-making ability. Nursing Ethics, 25(7), 855–866. https://doi.org/10.1177/0969733016674769
Bahrieni, F., Azodi, P. Hajivandi, A. & Jahanpour, F. (2017). The effect of education in nurse’s moral sensitivity. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, 9(10), 1817–1821. Retrieved from http://jpsr.pharmainfo.in/Documents/Volumes/vol9Issue10/jpsr09101735.pdf
Glasper, A. (2016). Does cheating by students undermine the integrity of the nursing profession? British Journal of Nursing, 25(16), 932–933.
Hoskins, K., Grady, C. & Ulrich, C. (2018). Ethics education in nursing: Instruction for future generations of nurses. OJIN: The Online Journal of Issues in Nursing, 23(1). Retrieved from http://ojin.nursingworld.org/MainMenuCategories/ANAMarketplace/ANAPeriodicals/OJIN/TableofContents/Vol-23-2018/No1-Jan-2018/Ethics-Education-in-Nursing.html
Walden University Academic Skills Center. (n.d.). ASC success strategies: Plagiarism. Retrieved October 12, 2018, from https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/ASCsuccess/ASCplagiarism
Walden University Writing Center. (n.d.). APA style: Overview. Retrieved October 12, 2018, from https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/writingcenter/apa
Walden University Writing Center. (n.d.) Grammarly: Overview. Retrieved October 12, 2018, from https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/writingcenter/grammarly
Document: APA Basics Checklist: Citations, Reference List, and Style (PDF)
Document: Academic Success and Professional Development Plan Template (Word document)
Document: Citing a Discussion Posting in APA Style (PDF)
Document: Citing a Laureate Video in APA Style (PDF)
Document: Common APA Style and Formatting Challenges (PDF)
Document: Introduction to Scholarly Writing: Plagiarism and Academic Integrity (PDF)
Walden University. (n.d.). Subject Research: Nursing. Retrieved November 9, 2018, from https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/library/subject/nursing