NURS 6051 Healthcare Policy Nursing Factsheet
NURS 6051 Healthcare Policy Nursing Factsheet
Assignment: Policy/Regulation Fact Sheet
As a professional nurse, you are expected to apply your expertise to patient care. On occasion, you will also be expected to share that expertise.
With evolving technology and continuous changes to regulations designed to keep up these changes, there is usually a need to share information and expertise to inform colleagues, leadership, patients, and other stakeholders.
In this Assignment, you will study a recent nursing informatics-related healthcare policy, and you will share the relevant details via a fact sheet designed to inform and educate. NURS 6051 Healthcare Policy Nursing Factsheet
To Prepare: NURS 6051 Healthcare Policy Nursing Factsheet
- Review the Resources on healthcare policy and regulatory/legislative topics related to health and nursing informatics.
- Consider the role of the nurse informaticist in relation to a healthcare organization’s compliance with various policies and regulations, such as the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA).
- Research and select one health or nursing informatics policy (within the past 5 years) or regulation for further study.
The Assignment: (1 page not including the title and reference page)- NURS 6051 Healthcare Policy Nursing Factsheet
Create a 1-page fact sheet that your healthcare organization could hypothetically use to explain the health or nursing informatics policy/regulation you selected. Your fact sheet should address the following:
- Briefly and generally explain the policy or regulation you selected.
- Address the impact of the policy or regulation you selected on system implementation.
- Address the impact of the policy or regulation you selected on clinical care, patient/provider interactions, and workflow.
- Highlight organizational policies and procedures that are/will be in place at your healthcare organization to address the policy or regulation you selected. Be specific.
- Use APA format and include a title page, in-text citations, and reference page.
- Use the Safe Assign Drafts to check your match percentage before submitting your work.
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
- Please save your Assignment using the naming convention “WK11Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” as the name.
- Click the Week 11 Assignment Rubric to review the Grading Criteria for the Assignment.
- Click the Week 11 Assignment link. You will also be able to “View Rubric” for grading criteria from this area.
- Next, from the Attach File area, click on the Browse My Computer button. Find the document you saved as “WK11Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” and click Open.
- If applicable: From the Plagiarism Tools area, click the checkbox for I agree to submit my paper(s) to the Global Reference Database.
- Click on the Submit button to complete your submission.
Grading Criteria- NURS 6051 Healthcare Policy Nursing Factsheet
To access your rubric:
Week 11 Assignment Rubric
Check Your Assignment Draft for Authenticity
To check your Assignment draft for authenticity:
Submit your Week 11 Assignment draft and review the originality report.
Submit Your Assignment by Day 5 of Week 11
To participate in this Assignment:
Week 11 Assignment
Module 6: Policy and Regulation Supporting Informatics and Technology Integration (Week 11)
Laureate Education (Producer). (2018). Policy and Regulation [Video file]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
Accessible player –Downloads– Download Video w/CC Download Audio Download Transcript
- Evaluate legislative policies and regulations for health and nursing informatics
- Create fact sheets for health and nursing informatics
- Analyze impact of legislative policies and regulations for clinical care, patient/provider interactions, and workflows
- Evaluate healthcare organizational policies and procedures to address legislative policies and regulations
|Week 11, Days 1–2||Read/Watch/Listen to the Learning Resources.
Begin to compose your Assignment.
|Week 11, Days 3-4||Continue to compose your Assignment.|
|Week 11, Day 5||Deadline to submit your Assignment.|
Learning Resources- NURS 6051 Healthcare Policy Nursing Factsheet
Required Readings- NURS 6051 Healthcare Policy Nursing Factsheet
McGonigle, D., & Mastrian, K. G. (2017). Nursing informatics and the foundation of knowledge (4th ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning.
- Chapter 8, “Legislative Aspects of Nursing Informatics: HITECH and HIPAA” (pp. 145–166)
American Association of Nurse Practitioners. (2018). MACRA/MIPS: The transition from fee-for-service to quality-based reimbursement. Retrieved from https://www.aanp.org/legislation-regulation/federal-legislation/macra-s-quality-payment-program
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. (n.d.). MACRA. Retrieved January 18, 2019, from https://www.cms.gov/medicare/quality-initiatives-patient-assessment-instruments/value-based-programs/macra-mips-and-apms/macra-mips-and-apms.html
HealthIT.gov. (2018a). Health IT legislation. Retrieved from https://www.healthit.gov/topic/laws-regulation-and-policy/health-it-legislation
HealthIT.gov. (2018b). Meaningful use and MACRA. Retrieved from
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (n.d.). Laws & Regulations. Retrieved September 27, 2018, from https://www.hhs.gov/regulations/index.html
Laureate Education (Producer). (2018). Health Informatics & Population Health Analytics: Privacy, Security, and Ethics [Video file]. Baltimore, MD: Author.