Competing needs arise within any organization as employees seek to meet their targets and leaders seek to meet company goals. As a leader, successful management of these goals requires establishing priorities and allocating resources accordingly. NURS 6053 Developing Organizational Policies Practices Outline
Within a healthcare setting, the needs of the workforce, resources, and patients are often in conflict. Mandatory overtime, implementation of staffing ratios, use of unlicensed assisting personnel, and employer reductions of education benefits are examples of practices that might lead to conflicting needs in practice.
Leaders can contribute to both the problem and the solution through policies, action, and inaction. In this Assignment, you will further develop the white paper you began work on in Module 1 by addressing competing needs within your organization. NURS 6053 Developing Organizational Policies Practices Outline
To Prepare: NURS 6053 Developing Organizational Policies Practices Outline
Add a section to the paper you submitted in Module 1. The new section should address the following:
Identify and describe at least two competing needs impacting your selected healthcare issue/stressor.
Describe a relevant policy or practice in your organization that may influence your selected healthcare issue/stressor.
Critique the policy for ethical considerations, and explain the policy’s strengths and challenges in promoting ethics.
Recommend one or more policy or practice changes designed to balance the competing needs of resources, workers, and patients, while addressing any ethical shortcomings of the existing policies. Be specific and provide examples.
Cite evidence that informs the healthcare issue/stressor and/or the policies, and provide two scholarly resources in support of your policy or practice recommendations.
ADD A SECTION TO THE PAPER YOU SUBMITTED IN MODULE 1. IN 4–5 PAGES, ADDRESS THE FOLLOWING:
· IDENTIFY AND DESCRIBE AT LEAST TWO COMPETING NEEDS IMPACTING YOUR SELECTED HEALTHCARE ISSUE/STRESSOR.—
· DESCRIBE A RELEVANT POLICY OR PRACTICE IN YOUR ORGANIZATION THAT MAY INFLUENCE YOUR SELECTED HEALTHCARE ISSUE/STRESSOR.
· CRITIQUE THE POLICY FOR ETHICAL CONSIDERATIONS AND EXPLAIN THE POLICY’S STRENGTHS AND CHALLENGES IN PROMOTING ETHICS.—
· RECOMMEND ONE OR MORE POLICY OR PRACTICE CHANGES DESIGNED TO BALANCE THE COMPETING NEEDS OF RESOURCES, WORKERS, AND PATIENTS WHILE ADDRESSING ANY ETHICAL SHORTCOMINGS OF THE EXISTING POLICIES. BE SPECIFIC AND PROVIDE EXAMPLES.
· CITE EVIDENCE THAT INFORMS THE HEALTHCARE ISSUE/STRESSOR AND/OR THE POLICIES AND PROVIDE TWO SCHOLARLY RESOURCES IN SUPPORT OF YOUR POLICY OR PRACTICE RECOMMENDATIONS.—
WRITTEN EXPRESSION AND FORMATTING – PARAGRAPH DEVELOPMENT AND ORGANIZATION:
PARAGRAPHS MAKE CLEAR POINTS THAT SUPPORT WELL-DEVELOPED IDEAS, FLOW LOGICALLY, AND DEMONSTRATE CONTINUITY OF IDEAS. SENTENCES ARE CAREFULLY FOCUSED—NEITHER LONG AND RAMBLING NOR SHORT AND LACKING SUBSTANCE. A CLEAR AND COMPREHENSIVE PURPOSE STATEMENT AND INTRODUCTION IS PROVIDED WHICH DELINEATES ALL REQUIRED CRITERIA.—
WRITTEN EXPRESSION AND FORMATTING – ENGLISH WRITING STANDARDS:
CORRECT GRAMMAR, MECHANICS, AND PROPER PUNCTUATION—
WRITTEN EXPRESSION AND FORMATTING – THE PAPER FOLLOWS CORRECT APA FORMAT FOR TITLE PAGE, HEADINGS, FONT, SPACING, MARGINS, INDENTATIONS, PAGE NUMBERS, PARENTHETICAL/IN-TEXT CITATIONS, AND REFERENCE LIST.—
Contains many (≥ 5) APA format errors. NURS 6053 Developing Organizational Policies & Practices Outline