Task: Community health nursing roles
Task: Community health nursing roles
This APA paper is expected to be no more than four pages in length (not including the title page and reference list). Below are the requirements for successful completion of this paper. Please use the recommended APA Template linked below, which incorporates the following categories as the first level headings on your paper. APA formatting helps you to organize your paper in a professional manner and provides consistent methods for citing your sources and completing your reference page. See the documents in the APA category in Course Resources for assistance with APA formatting. The Student Success Strategies resource has great sections on writing scholarly papers and APA formatting.
- The role for this paper must be on Forensic Nursing.
- Click to view and download the NR443 Community Settings APA (see template below) to complete your paper. The template is formatted with the appropriate running head, title page, page numbers, paragraph formatting, and most of the headings. Please edit the headers and title page with your specific information. You are also encouraged to view the Week 4 assignment tutorial found at the end of the Academic Integrity Reminder.
- Read the chapter of your textbook on the role and take notes based on the outline below.
- Locate and read at least one scholarly peer-reviewed journal article that is not assigned in the course related to a nurse’s role in health promotion in this setting. Search peer reviewed journals to find a scholarly article on this topic. The article must be less than 10 years old (less than 5 years is best).
- Thoroughly address the following categories using the APA Template that is provided.
- Introduction (one paragraph):
- The introduction should be interesting and capture the reader’s attention.
- Introduce the assigned community health nurse role and a community setting where this nurse may work.
- Introduce your community and where/how this CHN role is utilized in your community
- Identify population(s) served by this role in your community
- Include a purpose statement
- Community Setting (two to three paragraphs)
- Describe a practice setting for the assigned CHN role.
- Describe the population(s) served in this setting.
- Discuss three health services provided by the assigned CHN role in this setting.
- You may use your textbook or an outside scholarly source to address these sub-points.
- Health Promotion Nursing Intervention (two to three paragraphs)
- Describe in detail health promotion intervention(s) of the assigned CHN role specific to the community setting identified.
- Identify people/organizations/community members this CHN role may collaborate with in health promotion interventions.
- Include one peer-reviewed journal article discussed that clearly relates to nursing health promotion intervention.
- Professional Nursing Organization (two paragraphs)
- Provide a detailed description of a professional nursing organization that supports nurses in this role in your own words. Search the text, your article, or the Internet for one professional organization that supports nurses in this role. If you can’t find an organization specific to this group, search the American Nurses Association (ANA) website for information on this role. Cite the organization in the body of the text with (organization name, year), and include a complete reference on the reference page.
- Discuss one professional issue that this organization is addressing related to this CHN role.
- Summary (one paragraph)
The summary reiterates key points about:
- The CHN role and community setting
- Health promotion intervention
- Professional organization
- Includes a concluding statement.
- Reference Page:The reference page should start on a new page (insert a page break). All references should be cited within the body of the paper as (author or organization, year), and the full reference should be included in APA format on the reference page. A URL link alone is not an adequate reference. See the Chamberlain Guidelines for Professional Writing in the APA Folder in Course Resources for examples of properly formatted references.
Type Your Title Here
Type your one-paragraph introduction here, and remove all underlined writing. The introduction should be interesting and capture the reader’s attention. Introduce the assigned community health nurse role and a community setting where this nurse may work. Introduce your community and where/how this CHN role is utilized in your community. Identify population(s) served by this role in your community. Include a purpose statement.
See the APA file in Course Resources for additional writing resources such as the APA Annotated Paper and the Chamberlain Guidelines for Writing Professional Papers.
Describe the community setting in two to three paragraph. Include a description of a practice setting for the assigned CHN role and description of the population(s) served in this setting. Discuss three health services provided by the assigned CHN role in this setting. Support with textbook or scholarly source. Cite your source and include a complete reference on the reference page.
Health Promotion Nursing Intervention
Discuss the role of the assigned community health nurse role in health promotion (two to three paragraphs). Identify and describe one nursing intervention focused on health promotion that the CHN could implement in the community setting identified. Support this health promotion intervention with at least one peer-reviewed journal article and cite your source (Author[s], year) in the body of your paper. Include the full APA reference for the article(s) in the reference page. Describe in detail whom (i.e. people, organizations, community members) the nurse could collaborate with in order to implement this intervention.
Professional Nursing Organization
Describe a professional organization for this CHN role (two paragraphs). Search the text, your article, or the Internet for one professional organization that supports nurses in this CHN role. Provide a detailed description of this organization in your own words. If you can’t find an organization specific to this group, search the American Nurses Association website for information on this setting. Cite the organization in the body of the text with (Organization Name, year), and include a complete reference on the reference page. Describe one professional issue that this organization is addressing related to this role.
End with a summary and conclusion (one paragraph). In one well-developed paragraph, summarize important points from the body of your paper including the CHN role and setting you identified, the nurses’ roles in that setting, the professional organization, and the health promotion intervention you discussed. End with a concluding statement. Task: Community health nursing roles
No matter how much space remains on the page, the references always start on a separate page (insert a page break after the conclusion so that the references will start on a new page).
Type your references in alphabetical order here using the hanging indents set up here. Include all references cited in your paper. This must include one scholarly peer-reviewed journal article that was discussed above. Also reference the professional organization you discussed (a URL link is not sufficient) and the text if you discussed it above. See your APA Manual and the resources in your APA folder in Course Resources for reference formatting.
Nies, M. A., & McEwen, M. (2019). Community/Public health nursing: Promoting the health of populations (7th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Saunders/Elsevier. Task: Community health nursing roles
Task: Community health nursing roles