Unit 7 Assessment – Interview Improvement Plan
Unit 7 Assessment – Interview Improvement Plan
Date Click here to enter a date.
Unit 7 Interview Improvement Worksheet
You have received feedback on your mock interview with your Career Coach. Even if you were amazing, there is always room for improvement. Review the feedback offered and then respond to the following:
List and describe three (3) of the comments detailed in the feedback for which you would like to create an improvement plan.
Comment 1 Click here to enter text.
Comment 2 Click here to enter text.
Comment 3 Click here to enter text.
For each comment, list two (2) actions you plan to carry out to improve your performance.
1. Comment 1
0. Action 1 Click here to enter text.
0. Action 2 Click here to enter text.
1. Comment 2
1. Action 1 Click here to enter text.
1. Action 2 Click here to enter text.
1. Comment 3
2. Action 1 Click here to enter text.
2. Action 2 Click here to enter text.
Once you have completed this worksheet (use the assignment rubric to ensure it is complete), submit it to the assignment area.
ORDER CUSTOM, PLAGIARISM-FREE PAPER
Once an interview is secured, to be selected for the role it is vital the interview is professional, answers are concise and accurately reflect skills and experience. Perfecting a Career Ready interview takes practice – so to be fully prepared for every interview, utilize the Interview Training Simulator which is a part of the Herzing University Career Center in Canvas. Below is interview feedback for review. Please feel free to reach out for additional interview or career readiness support at any time.
|_| Prepared for interview
|_| Dressed appropriately
|_| Good energy and posture throughout
|_| Maintained appropriate eye contact
|_| Prepared with paper/pen to take notes
|_| Demonstrated professionalism
· Excellent and consistent energy and enthusiasm – demonstrates a ton of care and passion for ehalthcare and nursing
· COnfidence maintained very consistently
· All rsponses were very professional
|_| Clear, direct, concise and job focused
|_| Minimal use of filler words (um, uh, right)
|_| Used examples with data to support results
|_| Answered specific question asked
· Directly and clearly answered each specific question
· Not many UMs – excellent work!!!
· Very effective use of work experience to help support and strengthen your answers
|_| Prepared with one-two appropriate questions
|_| Asked about and addressed shortcomings
· What are the day to day responsibilities?
· Whaet coems next?
· Tell me about yourself – 8 years of nursing experience/i believe this iw ehre my passion is/helped my career path/currently as a NP auditor/currently in LPN-BSN program/hope to become an RN in the next month
· Why nursing – mom was a doctor but was always sick/she was your role model/took care of her when she was sick/saw your ability when you had to help your mom
· Strengths – work ethics/want to be a patient advocate/want to be helping others in any way that you can/being positive
· Weakness – hard time saying no (and good example of it)/want to improve at this
· Best parts – taking care of patients/want to succeed/want to inspire
· Most difficult – having a patient die/difficult situations (and great example)
· Stress – always take a deep breath/figure out what needs to be done realistically/will meditate/take a walk at least twice a day
· Medical explanation – depends on the patients abilities
· Talk with a coworker – would approach and talk with the coworker in a very professional way/would take her aside and in a calm manner/would then take it to the director of nursing
ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CLASS
Discussion Questions (DQ)
Initial responses to the DQ should address all components of the questions asked, include a minimum of one scholarly source, and be at least 250 words.
Successful responses are substantive (i.e., add something new to the discussion, engage others in the discussion, well-developed idea) and include at least one scholarly source.
One or two sentence responses, simple statements of agreement or “good post,” and responses that are off-topic will not count as substantive. Substantive responses should be at least 150 words.
I encourage you to incorporate the readings from the week (as applicable) into your responses.
Your initial responses to the mandatory DQ do not count toward participation and are graded separately.
In addition to the DQ responses, you must post at least one reply to peers (or me) on three separate days, for a total of three replies.
Participation posts do not require a scholarly source/citation (unless you cite someone else’s work).
Part of your weekly participation includes viewing the weekly announcement and attesting to watching it in the comments. These announcements are made to ensure you understand everything that is due during the week.
APA Format and Writing Quality
Familiarize yourself with APA format and practice using it correctly. It is used for most writing assignments for your degree. Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for APA paper templates, citation examples, tips, etc. Points will be deducted for poor use of APA format or absence of APA format (if required).
Cite all sources of information! When in doubt, cite the source. Paraphrasing also requires a citation.
I highly recommend using the APA Publication Manual, 6th edition.