Week 8 NURS 6003 Student Response Paper.
Week 8 NURS 6003 Student Response Paper.
Respond to at least two of your colleagues’ posts by offering additional ideas regarding academic achievements to include or offering alternative ways of presenting the current achievements.
Today’s modern era for career placement and advancement is competitive with a vast pool for potential employment. Traditionally, employers only went by resumes ( McCabe, 2017). However, resumes and portfolios are ways to make oneself stand out amongst the other candidates for employment. Attaching an e-portfolio to a resume makes the resume stand out and give the employer more information to determine potential effectiveness for the role (McMillian et al., 2014). According to Casey & Egan (2013), e-portfolios can significantly reduce paperwork and create ease of access. Portfolios can have several structures, including shopping trolley, spinal structure, and cake mix stricture, which focuses more on the journey of learning, enlightening personal development (Casey & Egan, 2013). Week 8 NURS 6003 Student Response Paper.
Academic portfolios can start with creating a folder and saving documents threw school that shows accomplishment, achievement, and personal growth by helping students recognize performance gaps examining clinical skills and knowledge obtained (McMillian et al, 2014). Universities and educators make e-portfolios a priority amongst its students and may require attaching their link to cover letters, resumes, and email signatures (Leahy & Filiatrault, 2017). Employers view e-portfolios to get to the interview stage even though they are still relatively new in the hiring process (Leahy& Filiatrault 2017). Week 8 NURS 6003 Student Response Paper.
By attaching works related to higher education, one can begin to build an academic e-portfolio with written works saved and added to the e-portfolio in addition to academic success including the Dean’s list, memberships, and organizations, to highlight the applicant’s keen interests and goals including their capstone upon completion (Casey & Egan, 2013). Adding continuing education requirements required by the nursing board for licensure is also a great way to highlight continued education and drive for the nursing profession, which will stand out to a potential employer or an advanced learning institution. Week 8 NURS 6003 Student Response Paper.
McMillian, L.R., Parker, F., & Sport, A. (2014). Decisions, decisions! E-portfolio as an effective hiring assessment tool. Nursing Management, 45(4), 52-54.
Casey, D. & Egan, D. (2013). The use of professional portfolios for career enhancement. British Journal of Nursing, 15(11), 547–552. doi:10.12968/bjcn.2010.15.11.79625
Leahy, R., & Filiatrault, A. (2017). Employers’ perceptions of the benefits of employment electronic portfolios. International Journal of ePortfolio, 7(2), 217–223.
McCabe, M. B. (2017). Social media marketing strategies for career advancement: An analysis of LinkedIn. Journal of Business and
Behavioral Science, 29(1), 85-99
Assignment: Academic Success and Professional Development Plan Part 6: Finalizing the Plan
At some point in every construction project, efforts turn from design and the focus moves to actual construction. With the vision in place and the tools secured, the blueprint can be finalized and approved. Then it is time to put on hardhats and begin work.
Throughout the course you have developed aspects of your Academic and Professional Development Plan. You have put a great deal of thought into your vision and goals, your academic and professional network of support, research strategies and other tools you will need, the integrity of your work, and the value of consulting the work of others. With your portfolio in place, it is now time to finalize your blueprint for success. Week 8 NURS 6003 Student Response Paper.
Much as builders remain cognizant of the building standards as they plan and begin construction, nurses must remain mindful of the formal standards of practice that govern their specialty. A good understanding of these standards can help ensure that your success plan includes any steps necessary to excel within your chosen specialty. Week 8 NURS 6003 Student Response Paper.
In this Assignment you will continue developing your Academic Success and Professional Development Plan by developing the final component: a review of your specialty standards of practice. You will also submit your final version of the document, including Parts 1–5.
To Prepare: Week 8 NURS 6003 Student Response Paper.
- Review the scope and standards of practice or competencies related to your chosen specialty.
- Download the Nursing Specialty Comparison Matrix.
- Examine professional organizations related to the specialization you have chosen and identify at least one to focus on for this assignment.
- Reflect on the thoughts you shared in the Discussion forum regarding your choice of a specialty, any challenges you have encountered in making this choice, and any feedback you have received from colleagues in the Discussion.
The Assignment: Week 8 NURS 6003 Student Response Paper.
Complete the following items and incorporate them into the final version of your Academic Success and Professional Development Plan.
- Write a paragraph that provides a detailed comparison at least two nursing specialties, including your selected specialization and second-preferred specialization.
- Write a clear and accurate 2- to 3-paragraph justification statement identifying your reasons for choosing your MSN specialization. Provide sufficient evidence of incorporating feedback you received from colleagues in this week’s Discussion Forum.
- Clearly identify and accurately describe in detail the professional organization related to the specialization you have chosen to focus on for this assignment and explain how you can become an active member of this organization.
Note: Your final version of the Academic Success and Professional Development Plan should include all components as presented the Academic Success and Professional Development Plan template. Make all corrections to each part based on faculty feedback and submit a final and edited copy of the template (Part 1-Part 6) in correct APA format. Week 8 NURS 6003 Student Response Paper.
By Day 7
Submit Parts 1-6 of your Academic Success and Professional Development Plan.
Remember to include an introduction paragraph which contains a clear and comprehensive purpose statement which delineates all required criteria, and end the assignment Part with a conclusion paragraph.
Submission and Grading Information- Week 8 NURS 6003 Student Response Paper.
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
- Please save your Assignment using the naming convention “WK1Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” as the name.
- Click the Week 6 Assignment Rubric to review the Grading Criteria for the Assignment.
- Click the Week 6 Assignment link. You will also be able to “View Rubric” for grading criteria from this area.
- Next, from the Attach File area, click on the Browse My Computer button. Find the document you saved as “WK6Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” and click Open.
- If applicable: From the Plagiarism Tools area, click the checkbox for I agree to submit my paper(s) to the Global Reference Database.
- Click on the Submit button to complete your submission.
Grading Criteria- Week 8 NURS 6003 Student Response Paper.
To access your rubric:
Week 6 Assignment Rubric
Check Your Assignment Draft for Authenticity
To check your Assignment draft for authenticity:
Submit your Week 6 Assignment draft and review the originality report.
Submit Your Assignment by Day 7
To submit your Assignment:
Week 6 Assignment