What Is Communication Health Assessment Paper
Write a 2–4-page report on the concepts, processes, and tools needed to conduct a community health assessment, how to find the data, and how to validate the data. Explain the factors that can affect the health of a community, along with how to obtain that information.Understanding community and state health care issues and concerns, the local resources available, and accessibility of those resources can inform health care practices and improve quality patient outcomes.What Is Communication Health Assessment PaperSHOW MORE
Social and lifestyle behaviors can affect health. In fact, some would argue that many, if not most, health risks can be mitigated through lifestyle and behavioral changes. With this in mind, the health care provider must be aware of the socioeconomic factors and the lifestyle factors present in a population.SHOW MORE
Questions to Consider in What Is Communication Health Assessment Paper
To deepen your understanding, you are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of your professional community.
- What types of techniques and activities should be included in a community health assessment?
- How can these techniques and activities help determine both assets and gaps in health care services in a community?What Is Communication Health Assessment Paper
The following optional resources are provided to support you in completing the assessment or to provide a helpful context. For additional resources, refer to the Research Resources and Supplemental Resources in the left navigation menu of your courseroom.
The following e-books or articles from the Capella University Library are linked directly in this course:
- Like, R. C. (2011). Educating clinicians about cultural competence and disparities in health and health care. Journal of Continuing Education in the Health Professions, 31(3), 196–206.
- Estrada, D. M. (2011). A community risk assessment of the city of Santa Ana, California (Doctoral dissertation). Retrieved from ProQuest database. (UMI Number: 1499248).
- Johnson, C. V., Bartgis, J., Worley, J. A., Hellman, C. M., & Burkhart, R. (2010). Urban Indian voices: A community-based participatory research health and needs assessment. American Indian and Alaska Native Mental Health Research, 17(1), 49–70.
- Nieto, F. J., Peppard, P. E., Engelman, C. D., McElroy, J. A., Galvao, L. W., Friedman, E. M., & . . . Malecki, K. C. (2010). The Survey of the Health of Wisconsin (SHOW), a novel infrastructure for population health research: rationale and methods. BMC Public Health, 10, 785–796.
Imagine you work for an organization that has decided to open a satellite facility in an underserved community. Your organization asks you to move to the new location and assist with some of the preliminary work. Part of this work is to determine the health care needs of the community. How will you do this? What information will you need to know? Where will you find the information?What Is Communication Health Assessment Paper
Search the Capella library and the Internet for peer-reviewed journal articles on how to conduct a community health assessment. You will need at least 3 resources to use in this assessment.
Develop a plan for a community health assessment in which you complete the following:
- Describe the type of data needed to make an informed community health assessment.
- Explain how the data will help determine the health care needs of the community.
- Describe your strategy for obtaining the necessary data.
- Explain the factors that impact the health and wellness of a community. (Hint: This is a very broad list. Think outside the box on this one!)
- Explain how you will obtain information on these factors for your specific community.
- Explain how you will determine if the data and information you obtain is valid and reliable.
- Format this assessment as a report that you would submit to a director or other organizational leader. You are still required to follow APA guidelines for in-text citations and references.What Is Communication Health Assessment Paper
- Include a title page and reference page.
- Ensure your assessment is 2–4 pages in length.
- Use double-spaced, 12-pt., Times New Roman font. (Recommended)